Monday, December 30, 2013

November. . .

November. . .

Our November started out with a little date to some
COYBOY POETRY. . .


A fun night where Cowboys from all over the country get together and tell cowboy stories. . .


and sing Cowboy songs. . .


And the night ended with a Cowboy wearing Pink Chaps!



From there the month only got BETTER!

We took our family trip up to APPLE HILL!
And it was the most beautiful day!


We had so much fun being super silly!



And playing hide and go seek behind the trees!




We got our family picture in front of the Larsen Apple Tree. . .


We got our Apple Hill Treats. . .
The Walking Pie. . .


and of course Caramel Apples. . .
(someone stole mine)


And Kara even decided to lose a tooth while we were at Apple Hill this year.


She said "my teeth are like stairs!"


We had some "pony rides"!



And of course got a lot of Apples!





(Kody had enough of my caramel apple to last him all day)

It really was a great day!


Karalyn had her
THANKSGIVING FEAST
in Kindergarten. . .




And THE COUSINS made it to town in time for the
LOOMIS DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING PARADE!







And finally the day came. . .

Nothing says Thanksgiving like the smell of Onions and Celery. . .
I had such a fun day in the kitchen with my sister in laws.
It was so fun to blend all our cooking styles together!
The day went by so fast and it didn't even seem like work!







And is there no better way to end a feast than with the guys in the kitchen doing the dishes?


The week was filled with cousins playing together in the back yard. . .


and cousin sleepovers. . .


and mom and dad late night game nights. . .

As the week came to an end I couldn't help think of the Leadership Meeting I had a few weeks earlier where the focus for next year in primary will be on families.



I thought about the Proclamation and this quote. . .


and I thought about my family.
I thought about how Thankful I am for this little family of mine and my extended family. . .
I thought about how thankful I am for a gospel that centers everything around the family.
I made a little commitment to myself that I am going to take this next year and really focus on the importance of families in my own little family. 
I want them to know how important they are to me.
I want them to know how important our family is to our Heavenly Father.


I'm just grateful.
Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments: